Thursday, August 7, 2008

WYOMING HERE WE COME!!

The Girls and I got to go on a Trip to Powell,Wyoming for my Grandma's 80th birthday with my family. We left early Friday morning and headed to Idaho Falls, Idaho. We stopped at the Falls for lunch to get out and stretch and let the kids run around. My parents wanted to have lunch here because this is where they honeymooned.
After our lunch break we got back in the car and headed for Yellowstone National Park. We stayed there Friday night in a teeny tiny cabin at the Canyons. It was funny because my dad could only get one cabin for 8 people. So Hayley and I shared a bed and my parents got a bed and Star, Addi, Kylie, & Laycee slept on the cold floor.




After our night in our cold little cabin we woke up to a squirrel jumping on our window screen and two elk outside of our cabin. It was pretty cool. We got ready and went exploring Yellowstone Park. We saw beautiful waterfalls, stinky geysers, and lots of buffalo and other animals, it was a lot of fun the girls loved it.

After touring Yellowstone we headed towards Cody, Wyo. where we would be staying for the next couple of days for grandmas birthday party. Our hotel had a pool so as soon as we got there the girls and I dove in. It felt so good. Then we drove to Powell to reunite with cousins and aunts and uncles that we haven't seen in a long time. We had a yummy country fried bbq and socialized late into the night. The next morning we all found a bunch on mosquito bites all over us, YUCK!! That's Wyo. for ya.

Anyway, this could go on and on but I will spare you readers. We had a great time seeing everyone and spending time with my family. Families are amazing and I am so thankful that I get to keep mine forever and ever. I love you guys so much!!

5 comments:

Ross and Sandy Hopkin said...

Great job Brooklynn on blogging! It was a fun trip to Wyo with everyone. Your slide show is great! Fun to watch.

Anonymous said...

What a fun trip! Looks like you guys had a great time. I can't believe how your girls have grown up! They're always adorable. Hope y'all are doing well!

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Oh we wish we could have come! Preston always sees my extended family but I never get to see yours cause they live so far away. Anyway it looks like you got the music figured out! Good job. It was good to talk to you the other day Brooklynn, we'll see you guys in a week or so! :)

shea said...

It looks like a fun trip! Where in Yellowstone did you stay? Was it called Staley Springs?? It looks just like where we stayed in Yellowstone forever ago. Except our little cabin was full of spiders and nasty little animals.

Shawn, Hayley, Sophie Sandberg said...

Hey Brooklynn!
Your new background is so cute! I haven't looked at blogs forever. Good job on our Wyo trip!