
Today was suppose to be such a good day. My mom called this morning with great news and so we were going to celebrate and go to lunch together. Starlee my sister and her best friend Hillary wanted to come to so we all piled into my 5 seater Rodeo, not buckled because the restaurant we were going to was only a few blocks away, and as we were driving on 8th north going a good 40 mph all of a sudden this big red van started turning left into my lane. The worst feeling is knowing that I was going to get hit hard and there was no where for me to go. So I held on really tight to the steering wheel and tried to turn so that he wouldn't hit me but Bam! Crash, Crunch Silence, and then a sudden Stop and then Screaming and Crying. I was driving my mom was in the passenger seat my baby Laycee was behind me buckled in her car seat (Thank Goodness), Kylie my 5 year old was sitting on Hillary's lap in the middle and my sister Starlee was behind my mom. After we had stopped I looked around and my momm was on my lap crying holding her head, Hillary and Kylie had flown across the car and hit there faces and heads on the window, Starlee was shaking and I was stuck between my car door and the steering wheel. I frantically grabbed for my phone called 911 and couldn't believe that we were all alive. I tried to open my door but couldn't until a fireman came and forced it open for me so that we could get out of the car before the air bags came out. So all six of us went into the ambulance where they took our vital signs and then drove us to the E.R. at Timpanogos Hospital where we were x-rayed and looked at for 5 hours. Luckily the man that caused all of this is insured so it should all be taken care of. We were so lucky and I know that there were angels protecting all of us and I am so thankful! Let this be a lesson to everyone that you wear your seat belts no matter if it is even a couple of blocks or just down the street. You never know who's path you may cross. What a scary March afternoon.
The Van that started it all, who I will always be mad at!!
The car that I ended up hitting from the impact of the van hitting me
My poor car!!
Off to the hospital we Go!!
The paramedics said that they have never taken 6 patients all at the same time in one ambulance to the hospital before.
Mom and I had to be put in a neck brace from the whip blash until they could get our necks x-rayed to make sure that we were o.k. Oh my heck, so uncomfortable!
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Angels Among Us, March 6, 2009
Posted by Brooklynn at 9:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
So scary!! I am glad that you are all okay and hope that as the days pass you continue to feel well and don't have any lasting issues with the whip lash!! Thank heavens everyone was fine!
I am glad to hear that you are all okay! That is very scary! I love that you say the van that me who I will always be mad at that is funny! I would be too!
how scary! i am so sorry...i am glad everyone is ok. let us know if you need anything.
I'm glad you guys are okay! That was a bad crash. I hope you at least get a new car out of all this :) We should get together soon, we miss you guys.
Wow, Brooklynn, How scary! So glad you are all okay.
Oh scary!! Im glad everyone is okay!!
Oh How scary!!! Amy told me that you guys were in an accident. I am so sorry. 800 N is a bad place. That's exactly where I was in an accident. I will always be mad at the silver ford taurus who hit me. It wasn't nearly as bad as yours. I am so glad everyone is OK. Love you all!
Post a Comment